In general, 10VPN maintains an open peering policy. If a network shares a common POP with 10VPN (either via IX or dedicated cross-connect) then 10VPN will peer in that location. Peering in multiple common POPs, while not required, is encouraged. 10VPN requires that all peers adhere to the following:
- Only advertise prefixes for the networks for which you operate
- Do not point static or default routes towards 10VPN unless explicitly granted permission
- Use IRR or RPKI filtering whenever possible
- Maintain a NOC reachable by email or phone
Peering via Tunnel
While 10VPN will accept peering via tunnel, we encourage physical peering whenever possible. Where physical peering is not possible, we prefer to peer over EVIX. In the event that EVIX is not possible 10VPN may, at our discretion, permit a private interconnect via GRE, VXLAN or a similar tunneling protocol.
Additionally, we have some specific rules for peering with some of our other ASNs:
- AS396503 - We generally to not allow tunneled peering to this ASN. If you are a 10VPN customer we can facilitate it.
- AS49134 - We do allow tunneled peering to our research ASN. Strong preference to peering over EVIX.
- AS137908 - We do not allow tunneled connections to this ASN.
- AS137933/AS209762 - These are the EVIX route servers accessible only within EVIX.
10VPN strongly encourages the use of IRRDB to describe a networks routing policy and valid prefixes. 10VPN operates several IRR AS-SETs:
- AS-10VPN-RESEARCH - This ASSET is available in the RIPE database and describes the members of our research network
- AS-10VPN-PEERS - This ASSET is available in the RIPE database and includes all networks that 10VPN Research expects to peer with. We will include IX ASSETs when available.
- AS-10VPN-TRANSIT - This ASSET is available in the RIPE database and describes all networks that 10VPN purchases transit from.
- AS-10VPN - This ASSET is available in ARIN and describes all the members of our production network.
- AS-10VPN-CUST - This ASSET (available in ARIN) contains all our customer networks (networks we provide transit to).